January 7, 2010

dress for success

31 degrees, feels like 20. Winds from NW at 18mph gusting to 28mph.

This is about the coldest weather I have ever ridden in. I wear this outfit all the time. I have never thought to myself "I should get some long pants". I certainly never considered purchasing cycling-specific cold weather clothes. Holy shit, I was wrong. Could not be wronger. I may only need them five times in the next ten years but it will be worth the investment. I learned several things today:

1. Hooded Sweatshirts are not windproof.

2. Converse are the worst shoes money can buy.

3. Longpants may be more than just a fad.

This reminds of the time when I realized bike shorts served a practical function. Other than making us look stupid, that is. The salsa gloves were awesome. Too bad they dont make them anymore. Maybe surly can make some killer gloves to go with the pugsley?

1 comment:

  1. duh, longpants aren't a fad, mr. functionality. i'm surprised you didn't realize that sooner!

    ReplyDelete