January 6, 2010

day six: touring on the brain


My pal and local cycling celebrity Bernie Scheffler paid me a visit today. A few years back we went on our first bike tour together along with Chris Hasty, another Fort Worth cycling giant. Despite the awful weather, a good time was had by all. We planned on riding to Enchanted Rock and back but we were forced to take a day off due to a hail storm. My karate monkey was a 1x9 at the time but handled the hill country no problem. For a mountain bike, it makes one hell of a touring bike, nearly as capable as my long haul trucker(rip).



I think come march I better hit the road again. Im getting cabin fever. Ive never ridden east of the metroplex. Maybe the pineywoods? We'll see......

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm a celebrity? Kick ass!

    I'm in for a bike tour, but we better try to find a patch of nice weather before march... I'm going to be pretty busy in March (and I'm hoping you will be too)

    ReplyDelete